Effective Date: 1 July 2017
This policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use our sites, services, products, and content (“Services”).
The information that we (Steak Society) collect and control about you
When you create your account
We collect the following information about you when you join steak society via google+, facebook or twitter:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your profile picture
- Your location (at City level)
We collect this information so that we can create your account and contact you if required. Your profile picture is collected from your social media account to personalise your account. You can remove this at any time.
When you use Steak Society
When you use steak society, we collect the following information:
- Which pages you access on steak society
- Information about the device and browser you use to access our services
- Your IP address
- Content that you contribute to steak society such as a review and images in that review, comments and interactions on a post.
We do this to fight spam and to understand how our members use steak society so that we continue to personalise and improve your experience on Steak Society.
How we use your email address:
Emails regarding your account
- From time to time we’ll send you important information relating to your account such as when you’ve joined us or when there’s an important update about content you’ve shared on Steak Society.
- As steak society does not manage any passwords (we rely on social sign in services from google, facebook and twitter). We’ll never ask you for your password or account information. Please forward any requests for this information to us.
- From time to time, and only if you’ve opted into marketing or signed up to our mailing list, Steak Society may send you news, updates update our latest content and occasionally offers in partnership with third parties.
- These emails will come directly from Steak Society. We will never share your personal information with these third parties.
- If you would like to opt out of these emails you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link on any marketing email or by updating your preferences on your account page.
Disclosure of your personal information:
Disclosure of your information to Third parties:
- Other than the use of third party hosting services (see below) and social sign in services we do not and will not share your information outside Steak Society unless we are compelled to by law
- We will inform you if we’re asked to share your information with law authorities.
- We will never sell your personal information.
Disclosure through attribution of content:
- As per our terms and conditions, we may promote content that you published on steak society. This content may be attributed to your username, which is visible on any content that you publish and links to your profile page.
- Your profile page is not available to the general public, however other Steak Society members will be able to view your profile, see your username and any other personal information that you’ve chosen to add. You are responsible for what personal information you disclose on your profile page.
How we store your information
- Steak Society uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Amazon Web Services, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to make Steak Society run. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs.
Managing your acccount
- If you have a Steak Society account you can modify your personal information by logging in and accessing your profile. Alternatively, if you wish to close your account you can contact us
- If you delete your account, we may not be able to recover your content or personal information.
- We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You should ensure that the social account you use to sign into Steak Society has a strong password.
Changes to this Policy
We’ll notify you about significant changes to this policy.