Steak Society Terms of Service
Effective from 1 July 2017
- You need to be at least 16 years old.
- The content you share on steak society needs to be appropriate and to be your original content or content that you are allowed to share.
- You own the rights to the content you share on Steak Society, but are happy for us to use the content you share on steak society to be used across our website and social media platforms.
- The terms are governed under United Kingdom law.
- These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a contract between you and Steak Society. They govern your use of our sites, products, and content (“Services”).
- By joining Steak Society, you agree to these Terms. If you don’t agree to any of the Terms, you won’t be able to use Steak Society.
- These terms will be updated from time to time. If there are any important changes we’ll notify you before they take effect. However, if these terms and conditions change you’ll need to accept them before using Steak Society in future.
- The content you post on Steak Society is owned by you.
- By posting your content on steak society you agree for it to be published, reformatted on Steak Society services.
- In consideration of using Steak Society services, you consent that Steak Society Limited may enable relevant advertising on the services as well as promotion of steak society.
- We will never sell your content to a third party without your consent.
Content responsibilities and guidelines
- You are responsible for the content you share with steak society including its accuracy, originality or other legal rights.
- If you post content that is not yours you must have the right to post that content from the content owner.
- Content should be appropriate and is subject to moderation. Steak Society may contact you to revise any submitted content if we consider it to be inappropriate or against the spirit of our community guidelines.
- You can request content to be deleted or your account to be removed at any time. You can do this by clicking here.
- Steak Society may remove any content that you’ve posted.
Our content and services
- We reserve all rights in Steak Society’s look and feel. You need written permission before using any of our code or creative (logos, images).
- Some parts of Steak Society are licensed under third-party open source licenses.
- You may not do, or try to do, the following: (1) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers; (2) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., APIs) that we provide; (3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or (4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
- Crawling the Services is allowed if done in accordance with the provisions of our robots.txt file, but scraping the Services is prohibited.
- We may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice.
By using Steak Society, you affirm that you are over 16 years of age. Any user accounts under this age will be deleted.
Incorporated rules and policies
In compliance with the Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 we’ll remove material after receiving a valid takedown notice. We’ll also investigate any use of another’s trademark and respond appropriately.
By using Steak Society, you agree to follow these Rules and Policies. If you don’t, we may remove content, or suspend or delete your account.
Disclaimer of warranty. Steak Society provides the Services to you as is. You use them at your own risk and discretion. That means they don’t come with any warranty. None express, none implied. No implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title or non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability. Steak Society won’t be liable to you for any damages that arise from your using the Services. This includes if the Services are hacked or unavailable. This includes all types of damages (indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary). And it includes all kinds of legal claims, such as breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, or any other loss.
No waiver. If Steak Society doesn’t exercise a particular right under these Terms, that doesn’t waive it.
Severability. If any provision of these terms is found invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, you agree that the court should try to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by UK law, without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree that any suit arising from the Services must take place in a court located in the United Kingdom.
These Terms (including any document incorporated by reference into them) are the whole agreement between Steak Society and you concerning the Services.